In periods of rapid change causing significant business disruption across almost every sector, the occurrence of organisational restructuring is evident and fast becoming an everyday event. For the employee, the reality can often come as a shock.
For organisations that find themselves in the inevitable position of having to restructure for the greater good of many, it is critically important that they make available a genuine offer of assistance to the outplaced employees.
Empirical research has highlighted the impact redundancy can have on an individual including;
- Loss of identity
- Loss of self-esteem
- Destruction of existing habits
- Loss of social and support networks
As such, it is important that every organisation carries out a ‘due diligence’ process in relation to how they plan to manage the restructure.
Engaging an experienced Business Solutions Consultant who will offer a range of assistance activities combined with regular one-on-one meetings is a favourable option that should be considered seriously.
‘It is seen as a means of humanising a very unpleasant aspect of organisational life’. (Gribble & Miller, 2009)
To be effective, outplacement services require situational adaptation as opposed to the often experienced ‘one size fits all’ approach offered by many so-called outplacement professionals.
Cheryl McCormack is well positioned to assist job seekers with three decades of knowledge, know-how and understanding regarding the world of employment.
Outplacement program features
- One-on-one private and confidential scoping session to ascertain specific individuals needs including timing
- Development of an Outplacement Program tailored to the individual’s specific needs
- Resume critiqued and revised
- Direction about the preparation of job advertisement response letters
- Interview preparation and role-playing practice sessions
- Access to Strong Interest Inventory® career guidance online assessment
- Interpretation and feedback on SII® from a Certified Practitioner
- Access to Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® in conjunction with SII®
- Ongoing progress follow-up sessions
- Two service levels – Executive and Non-Executive
Outplacement program benefits
- A personalised, tailored assistance plan rather than a standard offering can greatly assist in a quicker buy-in from the outplaced employee
- Assists in reducing the negative impacts that can surround retrenchment including loss of self-esteem, loss of identity and feelings of isolation especially socially
- Promotes your organisation as an employer that cares about their people
- Creates trust because it is established with proven credibility
Terms & Conditions
- An Executive is categorised as an employee/ex-employee earning an annual salary package of $100,000 and above
- A volume discount of 20% will be offered when more than 2 outplaced employees are involved in a program from the same organisation
- Once a service has been confirmed by your organisation in writing, a 20% deposit of the total fee will be invoiced, and payment must be made within 48 hours to secure the services
- The remainder of the fee will be invoiced on completion of the MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory Assessments Interpretation and Feedback sessions and payable within 14 days from the date of the invoice
- Customised packages can be negotiated to suit your organisation’s specific requirements
1 Gribble, L.C. and Miller, P (2009). Employees in outplacement services, do they really get the help they need? Journal of Career Development, 18(3), p.18-28