- Contract – Term 3, 2019
- Tuesday to Friday (30 hrs)
- $35.86 per hour + super + entitlements
- Independent Catholic College
Located in Pennant Hills, Mount St Benedict College is inspired and informed by the Good Samaritan heritage, educating young women in a Catholic community where all are encouraged to contribute with the gifts given to them to make a difference in the world.
Due to long service leave there is an opportunity for an experienced Teacher Assistant/Teacher’s Aid to jump into this rewarding role!
Reporting to the College Principal through the Head of Learning Support, the Teacher Assistant is a member of the Learning Support Department. The role of the Teacher Assistant is to support teaching staff encompassing the provision of administrative tasks and duties as well as pastoral care for identified special needs students.
- Fostering pastoral care/wellbeing of students with additional needs
- Working directly with students with special meeds to provide support in classrooms across all KLA’s
- Supervising small groups of students and as well as individual students on a one to one basis
- Implementing modified curriculum programs for students
- Negotiating alternative activities for students with special needs where the classroom activity is inappropriate
- Providing support for students on work placements and accompanying students on excursions as required
- Recording support strategies and curriculum adjustments in accordance with individual student plans and maintenance of such records for review purposes
- Assist staff in the classroom as required under the guidance of the teacher
The Skills & Experience required:
- Certificate 111 in Educational Support or equivalent knowledge and experience
- A current Working with Children Clearance (WWCC)
- Ability to work cooperatively with both staff and students and in a warm and friendly manner
- Sensitivity to others needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Comfortable in embracing the Benedictine values
- Ability to relate well to secondary school aged students
- Enjoy a highly collaborative & respectful team enviro
- Join in the school events and functions
- Four day working week
- You will be accruing paid annual & sick leave entitlements plus paid public holidays that fall during Term 3 of 2019
- Working where your support of special needs students will be valued
If this fits the bill regarding your previous skills and experience and you like the sound of this opportunity and can commence end of July 2019, then please apply ASAP.
Please be aware the successful candidate must possess a current Working with Children Clearance.
From our end:
Mount St Benedict College has engaged the services of Cheryl McCormack Consulting for this recruitment and as such your application will be sent directly to the agency.
If you have any questions or queries, you are welcome to contact Cheryl McCormack on 0417899756.
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: