- Management & financial accounting
- Developing best practice
- $110 – $115,000 + super
About the organisation:
A long established and well regarded non-selective Catholic College located in the mid-north shore of Sydney, this dynamic and diverse learning environment embodies everything about educating our youth that is crucial to the development of a well-rounded student.
About the role:
Supporting the Business Manager, your primary function as Senior Financial Accounting will be to lead a small Finance Team in the effective carriage of all finance related duties. This includes financial accounting, management accounting and reporting, debt collection, audit readiness and short- & long-term financial forecasting.
Providing variety and plenty of challenges, you will also be involved in the review of current processes and procedures with the aim of recommending changes in order to achieve best practice. From a largely paper based environment to the use of various technological programs and platforms, the charter of this role will speak to those accountants who enjoy taking a pivotal role in change management.
This opportunity is also characterised by a strong ‘hands-on’ component where leading by example will be highly regarded.
The salary package is dependent upon previous experience and is offered between $110,000 and $115,000 plus superannuation.
How your week will look:
- Overseeing and supporting the payroll, accounts receivable and payable functions
- Cashflow monitoring and management
- Connecting with families in relation to escalated school fee cases
- Managing all tax compliance requirements
- Preparation towards College finance related compliance obligations & deadlines
- Audit preparation, liaising with external auditors all in readiness for the annual financial report & audit
- Team leadership, professional development for self and your team
- Juggling completing priorities, attending meetings and even chairing some
- Assessing current procedures (highly manual), formulating recommendations for improvements including the most appropriate software platforms, implementation and continual review and improvement
- Reviewing and evaluating current policies ensuring relevant, viable, best practice
- Collaborating with the Business Manager in matters of capital spending and long term financial positioning, preparation of management reporting and stepping up as required in his absence
So what talents, experience and qualities are needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- CPA/CA qualified
- Previous experience in a financial and management accounting role (education would be advantageous but not necessary)
- Skilled in relation to the technical requirements including accruals, audits preparation and management reporting
- A hands-on operator, you will be more than happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Proven experience managing and leading teams to great effect
- Advanced computer literacy having used various platforms and web based technologies
- High-end introspection, with drive, energy and a passion for the education of young people
- A real team player who enjoys collaborating with others to achieve united goals
- High level sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and tact
- A commitment to supporting actively, a positive religious and cultural Catholic school environment
- A current Working with Children Clearance (WWCC)
Really keen & confident you meet the brief? Your next step then:
Please apply providing an up-to-date CV along with a brief cover letter responding to the talents experience and qualities required.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 20th April 2019.
From our end:
As McCormack Employment Services has been engaged by this College to undertake this recruitment process, all applications will automatically be directed to the agency.
For further information &/or a copy of the full Position Description, please contact Cheryl McCormack on +61 417899756 or email –
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: