- Perm part-time (maternity leave contract)
- 3 days a week (24 hours per week)
- Fabulous culture – be valued!
About the organisation:
The Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart are a large group of Catholic sisters who minister around the world providing education and support to the needs of the poor and disadvantaged.
Their Congregational Leadership Team is based in North Sydney only a short walk from the North Sydney train station.
About the role:
The Congregation is seeking to appoint an experienced Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to provide quality customer service and support a range of administrative functions for their Congregational Administration Centre in North Sydney.
The role will be a job share position working Wednesday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm on a maternity leave contract basis. It is offered at the hourly rate of $28.00 plus super plus statutory benefits to be accrued on a pro-rated basis (sick & annual leave, paid public holidays)
The tasks and duties involved:
- Answer and transfer all incoming phone calls ensuring any non-voicemail messages are recorded with a high level of accuracy and passed on in a timely manner
- Act as the first point of contact for the Congregation in all matters of reception including greeting visitors ensuring their enquiry is addressed efficiently
- Opening & closing of the Congregational Administration Centre reception area
- Booking and setting up of meeting rooms including refreshments and presentation equipment (screen, projector, laptop, flip chart etc)
- Organising catering for meetings when required, ordering of kitchen and office supplies
- Mail management including sorting, recording and entry of costs into a spreadsheet
- arranging all courier requirements including the recording of costs and reconciliation of consignment notes
- Maintaining and updating records and spreadsheets across various requirements
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- Outstanding customer service skills and a pleasant phone manner
- Strong administration, computer literacy and organisational capabilities
- Good data entry with high attention to detail
- Highly developed time management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Bright and friendly demeanour, with a willingness to assist with all enquiries
- Excellent written communication skills
- Prepared to support the values of the Catholic Faith
- Able to work full time on occasion to cover other job share person’s annual leave plus any sick leave
Your next step:
If what you have read excites your career instincts and you can answer in the positive to the above requirements, please apply ASAP as this organisation is serious about securing the right person very soon!
At our end:
All applications will automatically be directed to Cheryl McCormack Consulting engaged by the Sisters of St Joseph, Head Office to undertake this recruitment.
For further information or enquiries, you are welcome to contact Cheryl McCormack on 0417899756.
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: