- A welcoming ‘People Liaison‘ focus
- Caring yet professional environment
- Croydon location – easy parking!
About the organisation:
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of the Sacred Heart are women who continue God’s mission by immersing themselves in the midst of life to empower others for life and bring hope across Australia, East Timor, Peru and Brazil.
The Sisters of St Joseph, New South Wales live in all parts of NSW involved in a variety of ministries including education, aged care, parish ministry, rural ministry, spirituality, indigenous peoples, pastoral care and hospitality.
About the role:
The Office Administrator is accountable for all matters relating to Reception, Hospitality and Office Administration at the NSW Regional Office located in Croydon.
The role is full time working 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday and is offered on an on-going permanent contract basis.
The tasks and duties involved:
- Reception duties including courteous handling of incoming calls, redirection and messages along with face to face meet and greet
- Hospitality coordination for various Regional Centre meetings and functions
- Publication of the weekly newsletter using either Indesign or Publisher
- Document preparation using Word and various list management in Excel
- Responsible for WHS coordination including timely handling, resolution or escalation of any issues connected to the wellbeing of staff
- Responsible as first point of contact for all Contractors coming into the Centre ensuring appropriate compliance
- Management of mail daily including bulk postage and mailouts
Skills, experience and qualities needed:
- Previous experience within a general administrative role where self-direction was imperative
- High order admin skills using initiative, sensitivity, professionalism and integrity
- Strong computer literacy including formatting of documents (Word) and working with various lists and spreadsheets (Excel)
- Previous experience using either Publisher or Indesign
- Previous database maintenance with a special interest in CRM
- An interest in or previous experience with WHS (experience not essential)
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- A collegiate and people centred approach
- A desire to work within a religious organisation and a preparedness to uphold the Mission of the Catholic Church
- Professional yet warm environment where caring for others is of paramount important
- Undertake some WHS training & development through the organisation
- Close to home – walk or drive to work and no parking issues
- Become a valued member undertaking meaningful work
Your next step:
If this opportunity excites your career instincts and you possess the above skills and experience, please click on ‘Apply’ providing your up-to-date resume and a brief one-page maximum cover letter responding to the ‘Skills, experience and qualities needed’ section of this advert.
From our end:
All applications will automatically be directed to Cheryl McCormack, Business Solutions Consultant, Cheryl McCormack Consulting engaged by the Sister’s of St Joseph to recruit for this opportunity.
For further information you are welcome to contact Cheryl McCormack on 0417899756.
Link not working?
Copy and paste this URL directly into your browser: