What is a Job Search Coach?
Coaches help individuals improve in order to achieve their goals. In job search it is no different, a job search coach will highlight your talents, assist in developing goals and give you honest input about what you can do to reach your goals and build your future.
What can a Job Search Coach do for me?
A job search coach will give you someone experienced in the area of recruitment to talk to about “what is working” and “what is not working” plus it will help you structure your search to ensure that you are focussing your efforts in the right places and using the best tools and techniques available.
What are the specific services included in job search coaching?
- Resume and cover letter review and guidance
- Interview skills including practice (role play)
- Job search techniques
- Using LinkedIn to improve your profile
- Learning what follow up techniques are most effective after a job interview
- Career guidance assessment (optional)
Cheryl McCormack is an expert in the field with a wealth of experience across many sectors including education, retail, wholesaling, not for profit, and recruitment. Having owned and managed a Sydney based recruitment agency for 20 years, Cheryl has extensive knowledge of how recruitment works including employer expectations and candidate success factors.
You can access your job search coaching via these options;
Specific assessments that can assist with job search
In addition to receiving job search coaching and guidance, Cheryl McCormack is a Certified Practitioner of the Strong Interest Inventory® assessment, an instrument providing an insight into your specific interests and learning, leadership and risk-taking styles and how these link to various jobs, work settings and career field options.
- Payment is due in full prior to consultations &/or assessment links being available and can be made by bank transfer
- Additional Consultation sessions can be organised at the cost of $295 inclusive of GST per hour for face-to-face and $195 inclusive of GST per hour for online and phone consultations
- For On-line Consultations, a Zoom link will be emailed 24 hours prior to the meeting time and it is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate equipment i.e. (computer/mobile/tablet with camera and audio) available in a quiet setting. There is no cost to you for this link.
- Phone Consultation calls will be made at your cost, a mobile number will be provided for you to call at the time of your agreed appointment.